For chilly nights and colder temperatures when blankets may not be enough, you may want to invest in a propane heater. They’re safe and portable, just make sure to follow the instruction manual. While they’re safe on our polypropylene decks and docking solutions there are a few do’s and don’ts to consider.
- Read the instruction manual for any precautions or warnings
- Look for safety features such as a construction that avoids tipping, especially in windy conditions.
- Consider heaters that are made of weather-proof materials or include covers to prevent damage.
- Think about how you’ll be using the heater and about any special features that may be helpful, such as wheels for easy mobility or a remote to control temperature.
- Don’t place propane heaters near flammable objects or materials, such as fabrics and gas tanks.
- Don’t place indoors and make sure the heater is positioned in a well-ventilated space.